The Center for Political Thought and Leadership has existing partnerships with civic initiative-based organizations and academic units. Our collaborative approach allows us to magnify the impact of our efforts and to further the goals we share with other with other centers and programs within ASU, across the country, and around the world.
Ready to partner with The Center for Political Thought and Leadership?
The CPTL is always looking for partners who share our educational and research missions. We welcome partnership inquiries from academic units and non-academic organizations in the areas of American political thought and civic education.
Opportunities for Collaboration
- The center regularly engages in shared and co-sponsored events with other units at ASU and beyond.
- We regularly host scholars from around the country and from across the globe and so do our partnering academic units, including The Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law.
- SCETL Talks provides a forum for visiting scholars and speakers to present their research and ideas to students and faculty and friends of the school.
- We welcome guests to join us for these conversations addressing a variety of topics in political, economic, and civic thought.
Journals and Publications
- The center co-sponsors and co-edits two established online journals: Starting Points and Compass.
- The Starting Points Journal aims to foster an understanding of the principles of the American political tradition among academics and citizens.
- Compass: An Undergraduate Journal of American Political Ideas is a platform for talented undergraduate writers on issues relating to American democracy.
- Our co-sponsored projects include the Arizona Constitution Project and the Race and American Story program.
- The Arizona Constitution Project is the first public resource created for the study of the state’s founding document.
- Race and the American Story is a educational movement dedicated to cultivating understanding and building community among people of different backgrounds and walks of life.
- The CPTL is eager to support scholars working in American political thought and civic education.
- SCETL’s faculty members are bringing classroom learning to life through research and authorship of independent work, contributions to academic journals, public speaking, and much more.
- Additionally, many of our faculty contribute to work through the school’s two affiliated research centers.
Special Guest Tours
- Come and see what The Center for Political Thought and Leadership is up to!
- Setup an official ASU tour for the full Sun Devil experience to learn more about ASU's admission and enrollment processes through live-hosted virtual visit experiences, walking tours and on-demand virtual tours.
- Email us and let us know if we can show something more specific by meeting with our staff and faculty in Coor Hall.